Barbara is listed as a member of the Steering Committee of an environmental organization called For our Grandchildren. The three luminaries who have accepted Honorary Membership in the group are fruit fly expert David Suzuki, Stephen Lewis, who inflicted Avi Lewis on the world, and a senile Desmond Tutu. She is also a member of an environmental group called JustEarth, chaired by former NDP MP Lynn McDonald, who evidently now believes that democracy is a failure because it isn't adequately capable of addressing her climate change paranoia. It should come as no surprise that JustEarth holds its meetings at Toronto's hub of radical idiocy, the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education.
The letter, which Stephen Taylor does an excellent, if superfluous job of fisking, reads like it was written by a crazed environmentalist peaking on LSD. Ms Falby attributed blame for the following on Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper:
- The recent shooting of 24 people in a Toronto Community Housing project
- Species extinction of bats, frogs, bees, etc.
- Severe heat, drought, crop failure, flooding and tornadoes
- The desire of "disaffected youth" for gun ownership and ensuing violence
- In keeping with her EarthFirst com padre, Ms Falby indicates a similar contempt for democracy when she "prays" that Members of Parliament who don't share her environmental concerns should be prevented from entering the House of Commons.
Update: Patrick Ross at Bad Company finds a pattern