Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Skippy Stalin's thoughts on Django Unchained



I saw Quentin Tarantino's latest last week and thought it was a pretty good movie, though perhaps a trifle longer than it needed to be.

As to the controversy it's engendered, Skippy Stalin over at Postcards of the Hanging has said everything I was thinking, so his words will do very well:

Django Unchained is a flick that I can't pass up writing about because it does the one thing I look for most most in life: It reaffirms my faith in human stupidity. The things in modern society that make people almost reflexively dumb have always been my favorite and always will be. That's, as the kids say, just how I roll. 

When I heard that Quentin Tarantino's next project would be a spaghetti western set in the antebellum slavery era, I knew that the world's worst people would be set of into fits of apoplectic shitheadery. The buzz in the week or so prior to the movie's release confirmed that. All the right people were getting powerfully indignant, which made Django Unchained a "must see" for me. 

Much has been written about Django Unchained and almost all of it misses the point. Instead of critiquing the film like a normal human being would, every half-wit in Christendom has used it to espouse their own moronic political perspectives, which goes a long way in proving that people who see politics in everything should probably be buried alive. 

Read the rest of Skippy's post here

No comments: