Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Marc Garneau quits Liberal leadership race

Garneau just announced his resignation from the race.

Justin Trudeau will receive a coronation.

Garneau's statement:


I wanted you to be among the first to know that this morning I spoke with the Party and withdrew my candidacy for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada.

I want to give you my sincere, heartfelt thanks for everything you have contributed to my campaign. Your generous donations and volunteer time made everything possible.

Together, in this race, we worked tirelessly for what we believed in and I am extremely proud of what we accomplished. We started in October, with no network or infrastructure, and with your support we grew into a strong campaign team of smart and dedicated people all across the country.

Together we asked the tough questions, challenged the status quo and did what was right for the future of the Liberal Party. 

But it is my opinion now the Party has chosen. Justin must be commended for running an excellent campaign. He has renewed interest in the party, he has done the hard work that needs to be done to fundraise, organize and inspire the next generation of the Liberal Party. 

Again, I cannot thank you all enough. I enjoyed this race immensely, all the people I met. I couldn't have done this without you and I would not trade this experience for the world. 




No comments: