Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Monday, January 18, 2016

Indian comedian Kiku Sharda arrested for mocking cult leader, then issues grovelling apology following release


...Now safe and at home, Kiku says, “I’ve always been a non-controversial entertainer. I don’t know how or why this happened. But it’s not as if I’ll stop laughing or stop raising laughs. I am sorry but not scared. This one incident has not soured my relationship with comedy. But it has made me question my own beliefs. I’ve never insulted anyone in my life. No one has the right to hurt anyone’s religious sentiments.”

Kiku pleads innocence about the offended godman’s reach and following and holds the writers (of the special, Jashn-e-Ummeed) and the channel (Zee) responsible. “I had no idea of how important he was to his followers and the work he did. As usual, I was a given a get-up and my lines by the writers. I just went on stage and performed what was given to me. Little did I know that it would snowball into such a controversy.”...

This is the actual guy Sharda was making fun of:

No comments: